From Computer Problems!
The 6 Biggest Mistakes Business Owners Make With
Their Computer Network
That Cost Them Time, Money and Aggravation
Want to avoid the most common and expensive computer problems most business owners experience? Then read on! We’ve compiled a list of 6 things you should be doing to save yourself a lot of time and money, by avoiding a big, ugly computer disaster.
- Have an automated off-site back-up system in place. I cannot stress the importance of this enough. Having an off-site back-up of your data will be the equivalent of wearing a seatbelt in a major accident. You don’t think much about it until you need it, and then, you will thank your lucky stars you had it in place.
- Check Your Backups On A Regular Basis To Make Sure They’re Working Properly Just like #1, this is absolutely critical. Without working backups you could be in store for huge maintenance costs and downtime. It doesn’t do you any good to have backups if they aren’t working, and you don’t want to find out they weren’t working AFTER a major disaster.
- Make Sure You’re Backing Up Your Files Every Backing up your data every day is crucial if you want to be able to recover from a disaster. If you aren’t backing up your data daily and a disaster occurs you’re out of luck, it’s gone. And once it’s gone you’ll spend a lot of time and effort trying to get it back, that’s why daily backups are critical.
- Keep your anti-virus software up-to-date, and perform weekly spyware scans. Almost everyone understands the importance of anti-virus software, but many businesses still do not perform weekly spyware sweeps. Spyware can cause a host of problems that include slowing down your systems, pop-up ads, and even identity theft.
- Set Up A Firewall Many small businesses understand the importance of security, but think because they’re small that no one would target them. Unfortunately, these businesses are often the easiest targets for opportunistic hackers. With a business grade Firewall you and your network will be protected against these malicious attacks.
- Perform regular maintenance. Just like your car, a computer network needs regular maintenance. This includes monitoring of critical components, performance, security patches, and your back-up system. Regular maintenance can dramatically improve the speed and reliability of your network, as well as the security of your data. If you cannot afford to lose data or be down for days, you must perform regular maintenance on your network!
Want An Easy Way To Make Sure You Aren’t
Making These 6 Mistakes In Your Business?
Thanks to our Managed IT Services program, we take full responsibility for managing your computer network! This service is guaranteed to eliminate expensive, frustrating computer problems and give you the peace of mind that your data is safe and secure.
To learn more, download our FREE REPORT, “What Every Small Business Owner Must Know About Protecting and Preserving Their Company’s Critical Data and Computer Systems” or call our office at 416-966-3306.
“What Every Small Business Owner Must Know About Protecting and Preserving Their Company’s Critical Data and Computer Systems”
"Connectability was a great discovery."
Since they took over, our Information Technology has been totally dependable; up and running when we need it. The monthly cost is very moderate and their staff are a pleasure to work with. I can’t recommend them highly enough.
Dr. Nick Simsiris,
Premier Medical Centre Inc.