Technical Support Specialist
Who is Connectability? Who do we work with?
Connectability is a rapidly growing Managed IT Services Provider located in central Toronto. We have been delivering industry-leading Managed IT Services, Cybersecurity Services, cloud services, and data backup to clients across the GTA for 26+ years. While a lot has changed in that time, one thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to providing the best IT support services in the GTA.
Who is Connectability looking for?
To help us care for our growing customer base, we are looking for the right person to join our dynamic team. If you are an experienced, passionate, highly motivated, customer-focused Technical Support Specialist, we want to hear from you!
The appropriate candidate must embody our Core Values.
These are central to everything we do. If you do not embody these values, please do not apply.
- Customer focused/Can do: You take a can-do attitude to solving customer problems, and you are laser focused on delivering a positive service experience.
- Dependable & Accountable: You’re committed to showing up prepared, on time, communicating clearly with all stakeholders, and keeping commitments. No excuses.
- Respect & Empathy: We treat all our stakeholders with respect because every person deserves to be treated with care. That includes colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Self-improvement: we all show a commitment to lifelong learning and improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing both remote and on-site technical support to clients. Below are some of the primary responsibilities for the role.
- Install, configure and maintain a vast array of IT environments and systems including LAN/WAN/WiFi networks, Firewalls, Servers, Storage, Cloud services and End-User support
- Create and update standards, procedures and checklists to ensure consistency across client and internal documentation
- Responding to and assisting with IT issues while meeting customer service and response time (SLA) objectives.
- Develop strong relationship with vendors, technical, operations and management teams with an overall goal of improving customer service, client perceptions and satisfaction
- Effectively managing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Monitor support queue to respond to clients promptly once notified of an issue
- Document all work in our PSA tool, and keep clients informed of the status of issue resolution
- Proactively ensuring client business data are being backed up and recoverable
- Participate in technical meetings, initiatives, and discussions to improve service delivery
- Understand our clients’ businesses and how IT relates to their strategy, goals, and operations
- Analyze current technical designs, risks, and issues, proposing new and effective solutions
- Available to work between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.
- Be available for after-hour/weekend on-call support based on a rotating schedule
- Assist junior technicians with anything requiring escalation
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Firewall configuration and management, with experience with at least one of the following: Sophos XG, SonicWALL, Meraki, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto
- Thorough understanding of network technology and protocols including TCP/IP protocols, VLAN, VPN, DNS, SSL
- Working knowledge of virtualization technology like VMware ESXi, vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Ability to independently install and support VoIP systems, specifically Asterisk/FreePBX
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server roles and services including Domain Controller, File Server, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint
- Ability to install and support Desktop operating system (Windows & Apple Mac OS/X) and related programs
- Solid knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu & CentOS), iOS and Android
- Proficient with administering Microsoft Office365 and Google Workspace SaaS offerings
- Experience configuring storage and RAID controllers
- Experience working with Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) tools and PSA ticketing system
- Experience managing cloud service hosted on Azure, AWS, Google, BackBlaze
- Administering and maintaining various Disaster Recovery and Backup Solutions
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- Industry recognised certifications such as A+, CCNA/P, MCSA/E, Azure, VCP
- Ability to perform simple cabling jobs (Cat 5e, Cat 6, patch panels, etc.)
- Familiarity with software such as QuickBooks, Sage One, Accpac, Spectra, Yardi, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.
MUST have at least 5-8 years practical experience working directly with end-users
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for periods of time, while using hands to use a computer or other tech. You are frequently required to see, talk, and hear. You are occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Employees must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds when IT equipment.
- The technician works primarily in an office setting with light to moderate noise.
- Requires local travel, a vehicle, and a valid Ontario driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary will be consistent with industry norms and dependent on experience, typically between $66,000 and $82,000. We also offer bonuses, an employee incentive program, a benefits program, as well as a training allowance for Technicians to improve their skills.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check prior to the end of the interview process.
- If selected for an Interview, costs associated with Criminal Records Check is reimbursed.
- If you do not meet all the criteria above, please do not apply. You will NOT be considered.
- Please respond via the job posting. NO AGENCIES, NO DROP INS.
- We will respond only to candidates who, in our sole opinion, meet the positions requirements
We're operating remotely with limited staff in the office. We intend to return more staff to the office in the near term. We ensure all staff are protected with adequate PPE Equipment, in office, or on service calls.