Resources from Connectability
During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Connectability is committed to delivering support and service to our clients during these challenging times. We are taking steps and have plans in place to mitigate the risk of exposure and transmission of COVID-19 to maintain the health and safety of our clients, our employees and the community. We will nevertheless continue to make every effort to deliver uninterrupted essential services to our clients.
Security, safety and well-being is integral to our products, business processes and infrastructure. We have a robust Business Continuity Plan in place that has allowed us to keep our operations running smoothly so that we can continue to deliver the best possible service.
- Employee education: Our team has been provided with guidelines for keeping themselves and those they come in contact with healthy. These guidelines include frequent hand cleaning, work surface sanitization, and information on social distancing.
- Customer Support: Connectability is built to operate anywhere and anytime. Our cloud infrastructure and secure connections to client environments allow us to operate uninterrupted while our employees work from home.
- On-site Support: Connectability will continue to provide on-site support when necessary. That said, we are focused on keeping site visits to a minimum. If you require support, and it does require an on-site resource, we will work with you to minimize the risk of exposure for you and our employees.
The vast majority of our services are currently delivered remotely. As such, clients should not notice any change in the level of services or responsiveness over the coming weeks. Every member of our staff has the ability to work remotely while ensuring that we remain responsive and available to support our customers.
In order to facilitate remote work, we have assembled several resources for business owners and managers coping with the pandemic. You can download them free of charge by filling in the form above
Free Remote Working Resources For Your Business
- Remote Work Checklist: We’ve put together a checklist with some best practices for owners, managers, and team members.
To download the checklist, click here
- Remote Access Guide: We know not everyone is comfortable accessing their computer remotely, so we’ve created a How-To guide to show you how to access your computer through our remote monitoring portal Kaseya. To download the guide, click here
- Work From Home Report: This report is the ultimate small business guide to setting up a "Work From Home" or remote network access system for your staff. You'll find out the critical facts and insider secrets every business owner must know before allowing employees to work from home, one the road, or from a remote office. To download the report, click here
Free Cybersecurity Checklists For Your Business
- Remote Work Cybersecurity Checklist: Since security starts with every one of us, we’ve laid out some general security guidelines that you and your team should follow while working from home. Security is more important now than ever. To download our checklist, click here
- SANS Security Policy Resource: The SANS Institute is a trusted resource for information security and cyber training.
They offer a collection of process documents and security policies that you can customize for your business. Access security policies here
Free Disaster Planning & Recovery Resources for Your Business
- Disaster Planning Checklist: planning for a Disaster is more relevant than ever. This checklist provides a solid starting point for putting together a complete Disaster Recovery plan. Download it here
- Disaster Recovery Template: we have put together a high-level structure outlining what you should include in your Disaster Recovery plan. It is intended to be customized based on your unique needs, recovery objectives, and compliance requirements, but it provides a solid foundation. Get your template here
If you are a current customer and need our assistance to flesh out any of these documents, just give us a call, or send an email to [email protected] and one of our engineers will be happy to assist.
Free Collaboration Resources for Your Business
With your team working remotely, collaboration and communication can be a challenge. Microsoft Teams is a powerful tool that you can use to cut through the noise and communicate better - but only if you know how it works. We have provided an MS Teams Quick Start Guide below. Microsoft is even offering free instructor-led training and training videos so we’ve provided links to those resources here also.
With in-person meetings largely on-hold, it’s important to stay connected with your clients and your team. One easy method you can use is video conferencing software like Zoom. If you need assistance with Zoom, take a look at our quick start guide, or check out the videos below.
Additional Resources and Worthwhile Reading
- Sophos XG Firewall Home Edition: for enhanced security, we recommend downloading and installing this home firewall on a spare computer. This requires a dedicated computer, so if you need an inexpensive device to run this software firewall, just let us know and we can help you. To download the Free Sophos Home Firewall, click here
- Working Secure Remotely: This article provides 5 tips for proper security while working remotely. Click here to read it now.
- 5 Tips for Feeling Your Best in Your Home Office: Working from home can be a challenge for a lot of people, especially those whose jobs involve a lot of collaboration. If you're struggling with this transition, check out this article.
Download Checklists, Guides and Templates NOW