Is Your Data Really Secure In The Cloud?
Are you thinking about moving all or parts of your computer network “to the cloud” but are worried about who can access your data? You’re not alone – but many security experts, software companies and cloud-service providers alike agree that cloud computing offers a MORE secure way to store data. In fact, the US government's cybersecurity adviser, Howard Schmidt, has said that cloud computing will enable businesses to catch up on security issues.
That’s because most small businesses do NOT have high-security measures in place for their data on-site and lack tight password protection policies, firewall management and backup procedures. The same business owners who verbalize their concern about putting their data in the cloud are backing up their entire network to a tape drive and leaving it in their car overnight – or are using weak passwords for important access points to their network, which are much bigger security risks than storing it in a highly secure, highly redundant cloud platform. That’s like saying you’d rather stuff your money into a mattress at home than keep it in a bank because you’re not sure who can see and touch your money.
Here are the top five security questions you must know the answers to if you’re going to trust your data in the cloud:
- Who outside of my company will have access to my data?
- What security measures are in place whenever a mobile device or laptop is lost or stolen?
- With what frequency is my data backed up (and where is it backed up)?
- What happens if my cloud provider goes out of business? What’s the backup plan?
- Where is my data actually located?
Of course, with any data storage there is risk, and there’s no way to completely guarantee absolute security. That said, most cloud providers are far more diligent about security and invest millions of dollars into ensuring all aspects of security are as tight as possible. We have spent a considerable amount of time investigating various cloud solutions and vendors for our clients.
Want more information on cloud security and what to look for in your business? Download our free cloud computing guide today – “5 Critical Facts Every Business Owner Must Know Before Moving Their Network To The Cloud.”
This FREE Executive Brief will discuss:
- The unvarnished truth about the pros and cons of cloud computing, as well as common cloud-migration “gotchas” that could cost you dearly in time, money and aggravation unless properly planned in advance.
- Straightforward answers to commonly asked questions CEOs and executives have about cost control, data security, the Internet going down, performance and what to expect during the migration process.
- Revealing questions to ask your IT consultant or cloud company BEFORE signing their contract that will reveal if they truly know what they are doing and are experienced enough to handle your network upgrade or migration to the cloud.
To Download Your Free Copy Today,
Simply Fill Out The Form on This Page
Or Call Us At 416-966-3306
Fill in the Form
To Gain INSTANT
Access To This Report
Connectability’s cloud solution kept our data safe AND allowed us to work from any location.
As business consultants, protecting our clients’ information is paramount. Using their Cloud backup solution has given us the comfort of knowing that this information is safe and secure. We also have the added comfort of knowing that our important files are retrievable wherever we are. For expert knowledge and excellent service, Connectability is definitely our number one choice.
Rae Roebuck, Partner, First Leadership Limited
Connectability has been our most important discovery in the service world that supports the operations of our business.
Since 1998, all our Head Office computer systems, both Mac and PC, have relied on the immediate response and expert, cost-effective maintenance of the Connectability team. I can’t begin to quantify the savings in our staff time and effort.
Dr. Barbara C. Eastman, President, The Probyn Group